Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Spring

>> Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I know the calendar says that spring is here, it just doesn't feel like it outside.  I even had some snow this past weekend, so to cheer myself up, I used the Spring is Coming Greeting on my card today.  After stamping it, I used an oval die to cut and mat it, adding a bit of yellow sponged ink to give it a sunny look.

For my background, I used blue paper for the sky, stamped a row of greenery along the bottom portion using the Four Flower Stamp, and added a piece of green paper stamped with the Easy Grass Background which was adhered on top.  Finally I added a die cut fence on top of all of these elements.

 I added my sentiment and my die cut clouds, but it seemed to sparse, so I added a couple of birdhouses as well. I stamped them using Birdhouse Tree Branch and Single Birdhouse, colored and fussy cut them, attaching them to posts made from scraps of brown paper.  

Have you made a card using die cuts?  Well, that's our current challenge, so link up! Check out this post for all the details.

Have a great day!
Karin

6 comments:

Sue said...

Cute spring scene on this cold rainy morning!! Love how you changed the hanging birdhouse into a standing one - very clever!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute birdhouses and love the oval for your sentiment! I like that cloud popped up over your sentiment as well!!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, I love how you did the birdhouse, sky and fence to compliment that sentiment, but my fav part is the way you did the greenery - so inventive and fun. Love the whole look and feel of this beautiful card. Hugz

Shelia said...

What a great spring card! I really like how you used the new birdhouse & the popped up clouds!

Janett said...

Great card love the birdhouse with the fence.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a wonderful scene, Karin! Love the fence & the birdhouses rising up above it.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP