Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Easter Bunny

>> Saturday, February 13, 2016

Good morning!
Thursday I used all cool colors for the Thursday challenge but today I'm changing it up to all warm colors.


 The bunny looked a little funny...I think it was his round eyeballs so I added some eyelids.  I like him better now!  Maybe some eyelashes would have been cute too but maybe next time.
The bunny die is from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  The corners are an old punch that I still have, I'm not sure of the maker. The stitched ovals are from My Favorite Things.

I really love the woven plaid stamp, I think you know that by now...I use it probably 1/3 of the time. I love finding new combo colors to use.  I use the stamp that came already separated by our lovely ladies at DRS.  It makes it so much easier to change up the colors. These Jelly Beans make a great background too and I change the colors to go with whatever my color scheme is.
Easter is a very special time with lots of special memories for me.  My family (including aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc.) always went on a potluck lunch picnic at the park after Sunday services.  We kids (sisters and cousins) would have Easter egg hunts and eat our candy till we were sick!  We would join the adults in some Three Outs baseball (since we didn't have 18 people who could play).  We had so much fun!!  Loads of food, family and candy...what could be better?  Oh, and we four sisters always got new frilly Easter dresses, hats, purses, shoes, gloves...yes, my mother LOVED fashion.  I am pretty sure she made a lot of our clothes because we usually had matching outfits!
Thanks for visiting!
Robin

6 comments:

Shelia said...

I love the look on this bunny's face! It's like he's saying you can have those jelly beans, give me the carrots! Your plaid background is lovely & I really like how you frame the sentiment with the jelly beans!

Janett said...

Great Easter card love the plaid the colors are perfect for a Easter card.Beautiful.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Hopping good card w/. the bunny & jellybeans. Have a BEE-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, this is fab!!!! I love the colors, that funny bunny, and the great plaid and jelly beans. This card screams fun! I so need to get that plaid bg and start playing with it. Cute, cute, cute card. Hugz

Karin said...

What a great rabbit! Ha ha! Makes me think of Bugs Bunny :) And your plaid background colors are totally gorgeous and I love the matching jelly beans!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Robin! That's one wascally wabbit! Love the bright Easter colors and your plaid is fabulous.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP