Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Joy To You!

>> Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Are you enjoying the sneak peeks from DRS Designs next release?  This release has inspired me to get a head start on my Christmas cards this year. Only 5 more weeks and the big day will be here! Are you ready? At this point I'm definitely not, but it's a relief to know that I do have things underway! 
 
Here's one of the cards I recently made to show off the new Joy To You Christmas Circle (640G), which I'm really beginning to love! There's something I love about circular stamps like this and with it being stamped in red, I love how it really stands out! It's nice that this stamp has a Christmas feel without saying the word "Christmas" too.  I think the line "in big ways and small ways" would make this a nice holiday thank you card as well. 
 
 
I stamped the Triple Holly (1004F) repeatedly on the card front to create my own background paper.  Once colored, it seemed to have come to life and it is really festive!  I'm considering making more as I get into full swing, card-making mode to mass produce a bunch of backgrounds for the cards I send to all my stamping friends. The background is definitely what brings this card all together.  A few brads, some embossed cardstock and some gorgeous red glitter ribbon made this card complete! 
 
 I hope you like it and I appreciate you stopping by!

Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Karin said...

Another great card layout and I love the holly background :). The traditional red & green color combo is simply perfect!

Janett said...

Great card Jennifer love the holly background

Shelia said...

Beautiful Christmas card in traditional colors. You are right, that holly background really pops!

nwilliams6 said...

Jennifer, this is so pretty! Love how you used the image and your sketch and design is wonderful. I can't wait to find new ways to use that holly image!!! Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Very pretty card! I love the very red and very green Christmas colors on this! So bright and crisp!

Sue said...

So pretty Jennifer! Love the sketch and the pop of glitter!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a pretty, festive card, Jennifer! I love the embossed bg & the glittery strip. The holly bg is perfect for this.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP