Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Autumn Tree

>> Friday, November 13, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Friday the 13th AGAIN?!? Oh well. I'm putting away all my ladders & black cats, just to be safe. I hope it isn't a full moon on top of being the 13th..that's just more fate than I'd like to tempt. Unlike some of my team mates here, I don't have any pretty fall pictures this year. We DID NOT have a pretty fall. {Sigh} The sun came out yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. Today was cloudy again & windy so all the wet, soggy leaves dried up & blew all over the place. I can't even see my deck..it's absolutely covered w/ piles of leaves. And none of them are pretty. They're just all brown & look like soggy leaves that dried up. {Sigh}. 

I do have this picture of part of my back yard a few years ago when we did have a beautiful fall.{Sigh} 
To make my clean & fairly simple card, I used a layout I've used many times because I just love the narrow panel. Usually I'll inset it, like a window, but this time I thought I'd change it up & have it on top. I cut all the panels first & attached the narrow one w/ temporary adhesive, then stamped the tree (I masked off the fence part). I removed the long narrow panel & stamped the leaves (using the splatter bg) w/ the four colors of distress ink. The pile of leaves was stamped at the bottom & colored w/the same inks & I added the greeting. Then I added a piece of card board behind the narrow panel & put it back. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Don't forget to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge...this week, Thankful Thanks! 
Supplies:
paper: Neenah white, black
ink: Versafine onyx, Distress inks mustard seed, fossilized amber, ripe persimmon, spiced marmalade
accessories: Spellbinders A2 matting basics A&B

7 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so awesome Julie! It looks like a piece of art in a gallery! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you've done with the horizontal layer and color! Beautiful!

Sue said...

You'd don't need a beautiful fall outside when you have the ability to make your own inside! Love the tree minus the fence and how you inserted it in the leaf pile and the panel really makes it look like the leaves are flying away! Love it!!

VanessaB said...

wow! so awesome!!

Karin said...

The only thing that is simple about this card is that it's simply stunning! I love the beautiful fall colors and the cool layout too :)

Janett said...

Your card is stunning. Love the way you used the panel and the colors.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, I am amazed by this. What a great idea and a BEAUTIFUL card! Hugz

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Love the tree with those falling leaves!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP