Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Whooo's Special

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2015

  Hi Stampers!
Hope you are all doing well today! 
I'm excited that DRS Designs has some new stamps coming out very soon!  This time of year, I get busy making cards for all of the holidays that I often forget about making cards for other occasions, like birthdays etc. One of the best things about this next release is that there is a little bit of everything in it--this release is not just for Autumn and Thanksgiving! For the sneak peek I'm sharing today, the Woodgrain Background (626P) is one of the new stamps soon-to-be released and it was used here to create the tree on this birthday card! 
  

In this little scene, I stamped and colored Oswald Owl (132H) with Copic Markers and cut him out.  I stamped a piece of tan card stock with the woodgrain background and then distressed the edges with brown ink. I used an oval die to cut out the center and adhered natural twine around the opening. I embossed a piece of black card stock with a woodgrain embossing folder to add some dimension to my tree-like card front. Oswald Owl was adhered inside of the oval as if he was sitting in the tree.  Next I created the sentiment tag by stamping the Whooo's Special Greeting (142B) on a piece of yellow card stock and then cut it out with a shaped die. I layered it with an orange fishtail banner and a brown scallop and embellished it with a tan brad on either side as shown. The final step was to adhere the card front on to an A2 brown card stock base.
 
Stay tuned, right here, for another blog challenged to be announced tomorrow and more sneak peeks of the upcoming stamp release.  The new stamps will be available for purchase real soon! Yay!
 
Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Jennifer, I love that bg - it is perfect for this owl image! What a fun card!!! Hugz

Janett said...

Oh what a great card Jennifer. That twin around the oval is genus you made the perfect tree.

Karin said...

Your tree looks amazing! I love the whole design of the card and your choice of stamps to showcase that awesome wood grain stamp!

Robin Clendenning said...

Fun card! Love the hole in the tree!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Jennifer! The new wood bg is perfect for your owl. Wonderful card!

Sue said...

How cool is this??? I love your "tree" and outlining the hole in twine is genius!!

Shelia said...

Great pairing of the owl image with the wood Grain! I really like the tree you created!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP