Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wherever You Go...

>> Friday, October 23, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! We've had really nice weather around here...sunny, highs in the mid 60's or so & lows in the 40's...the leaves are starting to turn..can't wait for all the fall color! We have a yard full of pecan, oak, maple, hickory & sweet gum trees..there should be LOTS of color soon. And the row of burning bushes will turn bright red! 

My card today features this wonderful new Hot Air Balloon. I have a real "thing" for hot air balloons..don't know why, but I just love them. I had a background I made a while back using my twist on Embossing Folder Stamping. Instead of inking the embossing folder, I sprayed it with shimmery ink sprays, put the white card stock into the folder, then closed it. This was not embossed..it's still perfectly flat. I thought the swirls looked like they could be air currents swirling around in the sky. So I added my fussy cut balloon & some white die cut clouds to a white frame.

The row of houses is another embossing folder. After embossing them on the white c/s, I cut around the top, then split the row in two to attach in front & behind the frame where I stamped part of the greeting. Here's a look at the inside. I used the Chevron image & stamped the remainder of the greeting from the front. Below it are the Copics I used. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! And don't forget to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge..this week make a Fall/Autumn theme card.
Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Hot Air Balloon, Wherever You Go, Chevron
paper: white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaliedacolor melon melody & riviera (inside)
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, Quickutz embossing folder (tide set), Cuttlebug embossing folder (Village set), Heidi Swapp shine sprays, cloud dies (MFT)


6 comments:

Shelia said...

Julie, this is so beautiful! I really like the balloon sailing over the row of houses!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Julie! Love the little town scene you have going on below and the clouds! The colors are gorgeous as well!!!

Janett said...

Great card Julie, love the background.

Karin said...

I love the bright background behind the white city! Beautiful...Makes the hot air balloon just pop too!

Sue said...

What a great idea using the EF without the actual embossing! Love how you split the the houses to make the 2nd row - adds so much dimension!

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, you so captured the wind and sky in this GORGEOUS card. Love the way you did the bg, the clouds, the inside - everything is just so pretty! Wow. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP