Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Spooky Halloween

>> Friday, October 9, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Halloween is getting closer...time to stock up on the treats for the little trick or treaters. Guess that means me...I don't think they'd care for any of these potions. I'm not even sure what's really in them, but judging from the labels, I'm not going to be doing any taste testing, lol. 

For my spooky card, I started with an embossing folder I just bought & couldn't wait to give it a test drive. Don't know if you've noticed, but these ef's made by Sizzix just seem to emboss way deeper than a lot of other brands. So I had a piece of lavender card stock & I inked up the embossing folder w/ some dark purple pigment ink, put my c/s in & embossed it. Then I took it out, sprinkled it with some sparkly dark purple embossing powder & heat embossed it (aka embossed embossing). Wish you could see it..it is really sparkly!
The potions were stamped, colored with Copics & I fussy cut around the tops before adding a bright orange strip behind them. The ghost & moon were fussy cut & the greeting was split in two...the first line was fussy cut & added below the the potions & the second line was die cut & added higher up. 

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used. The embossed spider down the left is one of the border folders that came w/ the one I used on the front
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge...this week, make a Spooky or Cutesy Halloween card.
Supplies:
paper: white, lavender, bright orange
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Encore ultimate metallic purple pigment ink
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B dies, fishtail flag dies, Judikins galaxy embossing powder, Sizzix embossing folder set (Halloween Print)



6 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

Super cute card! Gotta try the "embossed embossing" technique. Love the sentiment also! Thanks for sharing.

ionabunny said...

Very cool. You make me want to go and grab that embossing folder and emboss my emboss. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, so cool! Love your embossed bg. Love the inside to and that embossed spider!! spooky!
Fun, Halloween card!

Janett said...

So cool love the embossing the embossed, made a fabulous card.

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, I love this!!! What a super bg! Fun images too. I am going to try doing a bg like that soon - maybe even today. Love your card and thanks for the inspiration. Hugz

Karin said...

The embossing on the background is a real stand out on this super festive card! And the inside is just as amazing! Love :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP