Blog Widget by LinkWithin

In Deepest Sympathy

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2015

For most of us, I'm sure sympathy cards are our least favorite to make. However, after a long battle with cancer, my best friends Mother recently passed away.  I felt it was important to make her a card to send my condolences and today I'm sharing the Sympathy card I made for her.
 
 
I started by stamping the Brush Deepest Sympathy Greeting (588G) in light blue ink. It was cut out with an oval Nestability die and then matted with blue card stock cut from a scallop oval Nestability die. Next, I created my own pattern paper to decorate the card front.  The Silhouette Branch Background (363H) was heat embossed on light blue cardstock using clear embossing powder. I then hand-cut the bottom scalloped edge and then layered it with white card stock cut the same way. The top of the white card stock was embellished using a border punch. A sheer white ribbon was tied across the middle, knotted on the left hand side, and then the matted sentiment was adhered in the center. Next, the card front was adhered onto a blue card stock base and three white pearls were adhered as shown in the bottom right corner.  Finally, I decorated the inside a little bit by stamping the silhouette branch background with blue ink at the top and bottom edges of the white panel that was adhered inside.

It's little things like this that help us get through difficult times, and my friend was really happy to receive this card. I'm glad I took the time to make it.   


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

9 comments:

Shelia said...

What a lovely sympathy card! I'm certain your friend appreciated receiving this. You did a great job cutting that border free hand!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh what a pretty sympathy card! Love the soft colors, borders and your stamped bg! Your pearl embellies are perfect!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How lovely, Jennifer! The colors are very soothing I love the curvy border at the bottom. So sorry about your friend's loss!

Donna Whitten said...

Lovely card! Great job!

Karenladd said...

I know that many crafters find it difficult to make sympathy cards but I welcome the opportunity to express my love and concern to friends and family. A simple, elegant card design like this one is always perfect.

nwilliams6 said...

Jennifer, this is a very peaceful and pretty Sympathy cards - very cool design and great way to use the images you used. Sorry for your friend's loss and I am super glad she has you there for her. Pretty card. Hugz

Karin said...

Super pretty card today...So love your angled background paper!

Sue said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your best friends mother. You've created a beautiful and serene card to express your support and I'm sure she appreciates it.

Samantha said...

I'm so sorry you had to make this card Jennifer, but you did a beautiful job. Your friend is lucky to have you!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP