Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Enjoy the Yard

>> Friday, July 10, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Doesn't this little scene just make you want to plop down in one of those chairs? If only it were 10-15 degrees cooler here. We had a break last week but we're climbing back up to 90 again. Hubby insists the heat is good for our new grass in back..well I'm glad it's good for something! I don't really care for the heat...unless I'm on the air conditioned side of the glass. But the yard looks really great through the window, lol. 

So for my little back yard scene, I stamped the Adirondack chair on the left & masked it. I used a mirror technique (stamped the chair onto acrylic then onto the card stock) to get the reverse image. It wasn't all that visible so I did it again on a white scrap & used a black Micron pen to go over the lines. The big tree was stamped & I sponged in the grass & sky, then used the splatter background image to add the leaves to the tree & the grass background here & there on the grass. 

The chairs were colored with a few lt brown Copics & the reverse chair was fussy cut & added on the right. The larger, Bokeh type layer was made using the dot background & the blue & green rainbow ink pads. The greeting circle was sliced off on the left & added. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Don't forget to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge...this week You've Got Mail! 
Supplies:
paper: Neenah white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaleidacolor fresh greens, blue breeze, melon melody 
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders circles, A2 matting basics A & B dies, black permapaque marker (edges), black Micron pen


8 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh, so relaxing and cool!!! I wish I were there! Love it!

Shelia said...

Gorgeous scene, Julie!! Love the splattered leaves on the tree.

Donna Whitten said...

Wonderful card, so peaceful and relaxing! Thanks for sharing.

Karin said...

So, so beautiful! Love how lush the yard looks :) It makes me want to relax outside with some lemonade!

Sue said...

What a beautiful peaceful scene! I want to relax in the backyard too, except I'm hoping for a cold beer in my hand :)

Samantha said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! Who wouldn't love to just chill there?

Jennifer E. said...

Well done! You've inspired me to give the mirror technique a try and I love that you used the splatter background to make the leaves on your tree--genius idea!!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is soooo fabulous! I want to case it. What a cool scene!!! If it is somewhere kind of cool (NOT ALABAMA), then I want to be there. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP