Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Weather Wisdom

>> Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I have been playing with Brushos water color crystals and embossing to make some fun backgrounds.  I love how this one came out:


For my base, I took a mat and sprinkled on three colors of Brushos.  I then sprayed them with water and smashed my paper into the crystals.  I then let it dry and embossed the Raindrop Background with white embossing powder and Versamark. For the top panel, I used the same color mixture, but I smashed my paper into the mixture several times until it all blended and covered the paper.  I embossed the Dancing in the Rain greeting and the Umbrella images on the same panel.  Next I fussy cut the umbrella, added Stickles to make it look like it was shimmering in the rain, and then I popped it up on the corner. 

A fun card to make!

Hugz

6 comments:

Janett said...

Beautiful card. Love the background.

Robin Clendenning said...

Very fun! Love my Brushos and Color Burst! They make the best bgs. Yours is perfect for the rainy day umbrella! Beautiful!!

Karin said...

Very cool background papers! Love the colors and the sparkling umbrella :)

Shelia said...

Beautiful background on this lovely card. I like the shimmer on the umbrella too!

Sue said...

What an incredible background! I love all the greens and it sound so fun to make too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Nancy! I love your gorgeous background and the colors are fabulous.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP