Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Picking out a tree...

>> Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hi Everyone,
 
So, what is it for you?  Artifical or the real thing?  I have to admit that I'm in the artifical tree catagory, but I sure do love the smell and look of the real Christmas trees.  A couple of miles from my home, they've begun setting up the tree lot for the season and I'm tempted to buy each year :)  I only had live trees the first couple of years I was married, (then I went to the dark side!) and I love looking at the photos I have of the trees those years. 
 
So, here's a card that I made in inspired by the memories of going to the tree lot and choosing the perfect Christmas tree.  I stamped the new Christmas Village Tree Store first, adding the man and his dog and a couple extra trees to round out the little scene.  The man and the extra trees are from Christmas Village 4 in 1 Accessories and Christmas Village 4 in 1 Accessories 2.  I colored it with Copic markers, adding some sponging to create the grass and sky, and a few bits of glitter glue here and there for snow.  I cut out the scene with my circle dies and used the No Snow Fun greeting for the sentiment.
 
 
I layered everything onto an embossed holly background, added a large die cut snowflake and a few gems and a pearl to finish it. 
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
 
Karin
 
 
 


5 comments:

Sue said...

What a perfect little scene! We've lost all the small tree lots around here to the big stores like Home Depot and such selling trees. Thanks for the walk down memory lane! (I'm a real tree kinda girl :)

Janett said...

Very cute scene, we spent a lot of great Christmas's,at Christmas Tree Farms. The guy walking the dog is the perfect touch.

Shelia said...

Karin, this is such a cute little scene! Love the clouds you created & the man walking with his dog is perfect!! Great card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh pretty sky you've created! Love the tree lot and guy walking his dog! That embossed bg is so pretty!

Samantha said...

A family tradition the kids still look forward to. (it might be the free candy canes!) You've captured the scene just perfectly, Karin! Only, the trees will have snow on them this year for a change!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP