Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanksgiving Candle

>> Friday, October 17, 2014

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Today I'm using this lovely sunflower hurricane candle image. And unintentionally continuing the plaid theme we seem to have going this week. I had this leftover little white frame w/ the big circle cut out of it and noticed that it just fit around my candle. So after coloring the candle, I used a craft knife to cut around a couple of branches to lift them on top of the frame. Then I used the woven plaid image to stamp on top of the frame before attaching it on top of my candle.

I stamped the greeting on a golden strip of card stock and stamped more of the plaid on a leftover piece for my punched leaves. A couple of chocolate brown layers & a little gold stickles in the flower centers & flame finished it. The card is 4.25 x 5.50 and these are the Copics I used. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Be sure to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge...it's a Color Challenge this week.
Supplies:
paper: white, chocolate brown, golden tan
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, circle & square dies, maple leaf & oak leaf punches, acorn die, stickles

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning card Julie!! I love it!

Samantha said...

What a beautiful card, Julie! The coloring on the hurricane lamp is really awesome. As is the plaid you created. Love the colors!

Janett said...

Beautiful. Love the plaid.

Sue said...

WOW! Love it! I also love that as fall arrives we all start thinking about plaids :) Your colors are (as usual) spot on, and I love the plaid leaves!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, love that plaid!! I got that recently, need to try it out!!! Love your candle and sunflowers too!! Lovelt design!!

Shelia said...

Very pretty! I really like the plaid frame around the candle.

Karin said...

Gorgeous card Julie! Love the tiny plaid leaves :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP