Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Crows & Corn Fields

>> Friday, October 3, 2014

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's been a nice early fall week here...and by Saturday, it's supposed to be an even cooler autumn..with a high temp in the upper 60's! Nice! Hubs can't wait to break out his flannel shirts. He has a real "thing" for flannel shirts. He had a few that reminded me of "the" flannel shirt in the movie Mister Mom. Love that movie! I decided it was time to retire a few of them so we had to replace them with new flannel and now he can't wait to wear them. At least the cute little scarecrow has a fairly nice flannel look going for him. And some green jeans. And a crow friend. A note here...we have crow friends in our yard. We actually call them crow friends since they are nice to me and keep the hawks away from the other birds at our feeder. Our parrots love to watch for them. I'll go out on the deck, throw some chopped up corn on the cob & grapes (when they get a few days old, our parrots turn up their beaks at it, but the crows LOVE it), and a few minutes later, the crows appear and grab it up before the squirrels can get it.

So in honor of our corn loving crow friends, I have a scarecrow out in the corn field w/ a crow on his shoulder. I don't think the crow is bothered by the scarecrow in the least! For the corn field, I sponged a couple of colors of ink for the ground then stamped the corn stalks w/ a couple of rainbow ink pads. I added a few tall wheat stalks and some blue for the sky. The scarecrow was stamped, colored and die cut. The rust layers actually started out white. I didn't have the color I wanted, so I sponged those, too, using a combo of rusty orange & brown. The corn image was fussy cut and the greeting & rusty layer added on top & behind it. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great fall weekend!
Supplies:
stamps: Happy Fall Y'all, Long Tall Wheat, Scarecrow, Corn Stalks & lg Corn (new! coming soon!)
paper: white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, potter's clay, Kaliedacolor autumn leaves & creole spice
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, pennant dies, & labels 22 dies

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Love this gorgeous fall card, Julie! All the elements come together so nicely!!!

Sue said...

Beautiful corn field!! I love all the different colors and the wheat stalks in the background!

Samantha said...

Well, who-wee! Y'all just took me to the country for a minute! Thanks for the beautiful trip!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooo cute!! LOVE the corn field, scarecrow and Indian corn! WOW!! Everything looks like it was made for each other!! Fantastic!

Janett said...

Great fall card, love the colors.

Karin said...

Your cornfield is beyond perfect and I love the die cut scarecrow! Beautiful card for fall!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP