Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sweet Watermelon Birthday

>> Friday, August 8, 2014

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I've felt like a one legged grape stomper this week (heard this recently & I'm still chuckling!). It does paint a picture, doesn't it?

Since I needed some birthday cards, I decided to take a break from all the Christmas cards we've showed you lately. Aren't these watermelon border and little ant w/ the watermelon images terrific? I love watermelon and coloring it is also fun. I've paired them with the checkerboard background and sweet birthday greeting. This is actually a 1 layer card. I die cut the main panel out of a 5.25 x 4 inch piece of white card stock and on the left over frame, I stamped the checkerboard bg. For the main panel, I masked off the area on the left and stamped the watermelon border. After masking it, U sponged  on several colors of green ink & stamped the lines bg w/ the darker greens, removed the mask and colored the watermelon. The watermelon & ant image was stamped on a scrap of white, colored and fussy cut. I trimmed the checkerboard around it a bit to fit in the space. I also used a SAMJ to rearrange the greeting a bit. Added some twine & a button then attached it back into the narrow checkerboard frame.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: Watermelon Border, Watermelon & Friend, Checkerboard Background, Sweet Birthday Greeting, Lines O'Plenty Background
paper: white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaleidacolor fresh greens
accessories: Copic markers, twine, button, Spellbinders A2 matting basics B dies

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Julie!!! Love your watermelon pieces and the ant is adorable (if ants can be called so).Love the twine and button too!!

Shelia said...

Beautiful birthday card, Julie! Your watermelons look good enough to eat!!!

Karin said...

This is simply adorable and the bright colors and are so cheerful! It's just a gorgeous birthday card :)

Jennifer E. said...

Neat layout and awesome color scheme! Its the perfect reminder that its still Summer!

Samantha said...

Your card just screams Summer - and I love it! Great job with the hatch background too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP