Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Bubble Pigs

>> Friday, June 6, 2014

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
TGIF, right? I hope your week has gone well! If school is out in your area, you've probably got your hands full trying to keep the crew entertained and out of trouble. Not so easy, when the average kid has the attention span of a gnat and has no clue what they're thinking or doing. Don't believe me? Ask one. "Kid, what were you thinking?" I guarantee, you'll get a shoulder shrug and a "I dunno."

That's pretty much how I felt trying to finish this card. What was I thinking? When I first rec’d these images, I thought, oh cute! Then I started coloring them. Pigs are a little tough because it’s a challenge to get the color right. Bubbles are hard. So many colors & they need to be transparent. Pigs IN a bubble are ridiculous! But I tried. Actually the one pig isn’t really in the bubble on the image…there’s grass underfoot. I’m the idiot that put him inside the bubble. Oh well. Live and learn. 


After I stamped the pig blowing the bubbles, I extended the grass a bit then did my “into the window” technique. It’s like out of the box , but it goes the other direction. I die cut a circle just big enough to put the other pig inside & colored it to hopefully look like a bubble. Added the lavender layer & a few enamel accent dots. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge..this week make a pet themed card. Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
Paper: X-Press It white, black, lavender
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders circle & matting basics A & B dies, Ranger enamel accents





5 comments:

Shelia said...

cute card, Julie! I think that bubble looks great with the colors you added. I just put shimmer spray on the bubbles I stamped. I don't think i could color them like you did! Awesome job!

Samantha said...

Julie, your bubbles are simply awesome! Whatever you were thinking - keep doing it!!

Karin said...

This was well worth the effort you put in! And the bubbles look stunning! And yes, my pigs are either too pink or too peach, so yours looks perfect to me! Just wonderful :)

Mel said...

I just love these pigs and your bubbles are awesome!

Sue said...

Awesome Julie - just awesome! You're bubbles are just fantastic! I love how you have Leonard in the bubble floating away - you definitely put a smile on my face!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP