Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Dream Big!

>> Wednesday, May 7, 2014

DRS Designs recently released new Graduation stamps and I'm having a ball stamping with them!  I created this card for my cousin who graduated this past weekend.  Her school colors are red and white. 


The red card front was dry embossed to add texture to the background layer. Then I stamped the Graduation Background (984H) to create my own pattern paper for the vertical panel.  I colored the mortarboards and the diploma ribbons red to match.  It was matted on black cardstock and a decorative border punch was used to dress it up a bit.  Then the Dream Big Graduation Greeting (041F) and the Female Graduate (042G) were stamped on white cardstock and cut out using Nestability dies.  Since the Female Graduates arm extended beyond the edge of the die, I had to use the Out-Of-The-Box  Technique. I used Copic Markers to add some color to the image, matted the circles with black cardstock, and then I adhered the circles in place as shown. White brads were placed on the sides of the cardfront before adhering it to an A2 size black cardstock base.

Thanks for stopping by today! 
Have a great one!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Karin said...

Great layout and I love the colored in touches of red!

Janett said...

Wonderful card. The red touches in the background are perfect.

Sue said...

I love the double circles!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a super card for a grad, Jennifer! Love the layout and bg you made.

Shelia said...

Red, white and black are my favorite colors for grad cards!! So I love this one. Great layout and background!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP