Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Toast to You...

>> Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hi Everyone,
 
I was thinking of my niece while I was stamping this card that I'm sharing today.  She celebrated her milestone 21st birthday this past weekend, so making this card with the new sentiment
"A Toast to You", seemed very appropriate. 
 
I chose a purple background because it reminds me of grapes and wine, along with being a girlie color.  I stamped the top portion using the Peacock Feather, (hard to see, even in person it's very faint) along with the Easy Dot Background.  I used a couple of different shades of purple ink, and the look came out bubbly and festive! 
 
 
To go along with the sentiment, I stamped the wine glass, (from the Pour Me...Bottle and Glass stamp) colored and fussy cut it and adhered it to the card.  After adding the die cut border embellished with gems, the wine needed a little sparkle too, so I enhanced it with some glitter glue :)
 
Cheers!
 
Karin
 
 


5 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, this is perfect for your niece's 21st birthday!! Love the fancy border, all those pearls & the glittery wine glass! Great card!!

Sue said...

Awesome card Karin! I don't know what I love best...the colors, the backgrounds or the border!

Jennifer E. said...

Just love this! Love the color scheme and all the bling! So pretty! Your niece will love it!

Janett said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love the sparkle and pearls.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is terrific, karin! Love the deep purple and the die cut trim w/ the pearls and gems is so elegant.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP