Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome

>> Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hi Everyone,
 
Today I have an easy card to share, one that I made it for a friend who had a little baby boy.  I wanted to get it into the mail pronto, so I took the monochromatic approach.  Which is a fancy way of saying, "I didn't have time to color my image!"  It's nice when you realize that and image that is made up of open lines, can look just as wonderful simply stamped.
 
After stamping and die cutting Jenny Giraffe, I kept my die in place and did a bit of sponging in the same blue ink that I used when stamping the background.  For that I used the Argyle Background and Diamond stamps. 
 
 
I added a bit of twine and button after stamping the One Line Welcome sentiment, and I attached the image with a couple of pop dots.
 
Here's hoping you like my simply stamped card!
 
Karin


6 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, this is such a sweet baby card! Love the open image with that background!!!

Jennifer E. said...

Great card, *wink* I love how you used the Welcome sentiment for this--never thought to use it for a new baby card. I always used it for a new home card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is terrific, Karin! Love the argyle border and monochrome look. Love that sweet little giraffe.

Sue said...

What a great idea! You're right the giraffe looks just wonderful not colored in - Way to go!

Janett said...

I love this card! Everything about it.

Unknown said...

What an awesome card Karin! I love that cute little giraffe... and the diamond pattern is one of my favorite ways to layout a backdrop!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP