Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

To Have and To Hold

>> Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hi Everyone,
 
DRS Designs is getting ready to release a great new group of stamps this month, and I cannot begin to tell you how much I've LOVED working with them.  These recent cards I've made using these newbies have been some of my favorites. I feel like they've boosted my crafting mojo and gotten me out of a long slump :)  Hooray for stamps with spring and summer themes!
 
Today's card features the lovely Silhouette Bride & Groom (026G) and the perfectly paired To Have and To Hold (1071G) greeting.  Both were stamped in brown dye ink, die cut and some light pink chalk shading was added to match the card base.
 
 
I dry embossed the background and added some lace, pearls and a flower to keep with the elegant wedding theme. 
 
Sigh.  This card makes me want to GO to a wedding.  After my husband saw this card, he said, "Wow, that's nice.  Hey, when's the last time we went to a wedding?"  (And I consider 'That's nice' high praise, by the way...lol.)  That's when I realized it's been 9 years. So, let me take this moment to say, "Someone invite to their wedding!  I love to dance AND I give a good gift..." Hint, hint ;)
 
I'll also take this moment to say, that since the lace was a scrap,  this card qualifies for our current challenge here on the blog.  Check it out and join us!
 
Happy April Fool's Day!  I have no joke, so I will just make this a public service announcement to remind you to watch your back...lol!
 
Karin


5 comments:

Janett said...

Karin, Wow, this is beautiful. Love the colors you chose. And the layout.

Shelia said...

Oh Karin, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the layout & colors!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the frilly touches - the lace, the flower and the pearls!
I promise...if I get married you'll be on the list :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Gorgeous wedding card, Karin! Love the pink sponging, the row of pearls and the delicate flower.Be careful what you wish for, lol. I had 2 weddings to attend in the last 9 months...both out of town!

Jennifer E. said...

Stunningly beautiful! Love the colors and the elegant look. The embellishments are perfect!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP