Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bright Flowers, Happy Day!

>> Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Welcome!

After a very long cold winter I'm extra happy to say that here in CT spring has finally sprung - as least for a few days!  Before it's gone (I'm hearing 30° for tomorrow) I wanted to add something a little bright and cheery of my own!

I don't normally have too much time to work on challenges, but as I checked out SCS last week I saw a new technique called embedded die cuts that I just loved!  So I had to try it ;)

Unfortunately I'm relatively new to die cuts and I don't have very many to choose from, but I made do.  I originally started out thinking Easter, and ovals were the closest thing I had to egg shaped, so that's where I went.



I began by choosing the 4 dies that I used (from both the reg ovals and petite ovals nestie sets) and I taped them together making sure they were all touching at the bottom.


 Then I went through my paper stock and chose the bright happy colors that you see here and cut out the 4 ovals from each color.  After stamping my pink folded card with our Polka Dot background using black dye ink, I cut out the largest oval I used from the front and lined the inside of the oval with white cs, decided which color went where and taped them all into the center.  The  Polka Dot Flower Trio was stamped on a separate piece of cs and colored and fussy cut, the Sentiment was stamped, sponged and added on top with pop dots and a couple of gems.

All in all a very fun challenge that I'm sure I'll be using again - if only to use up all the extra ovals I ended up with :)

Thanks for visiting today!

Happy Spring!
Sue

5 comments:

Karin said...

Awesome cheerful card Sue! And a new to me technique too...LOVE!

Jennifer E. said...

Wow! Great card, love the colors, very Spring-like and they go so well together!

Shelia said...

Great card, Sue! I really like the bright colors & use of the ovals!

Donna Whitten said...

Very pretty and cheerful card, great job!

Janett said...

Beautiful, love the bright colors and the ovals. That is a new to me technique.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP