Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Nontraditional Birthday Cards

>> Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hi Everyone,
 
I have quite a few birthdays coming up, so I spent some time stamping in anticipation of what I will need to send out.  Since my list was lengthy, I decided to keep all my cards fairly simple, so here are a couple for my share today on the blog.

This first one is for my father, obviously.  I used the negative part from a heart die cut, and sponged with some ink to create the heart that matched the card base.  I then used my stamp positioner and inked up just a portion of the Father's Day Greeting and stamped that right on top.  I added the dad using some die cut letters and will simply stamp a happy birthday on the inside.  It's a good change from the golf themed ones I've made for him since I began stamping...lol!

 
This next one is for my cousin.  Since he's a biker, I thought he might appreciate a card made using the Biker's Prayer.  I used the same concept as on the card above, stamping the sentiment and layering the Motorcycle image on top of each other.
  
 
 I know they're nontraditional birthday cards, but I think the fact that they're personalized makes them special :)

Thanks for looking in today!

Karin
 
 

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, these are awesome masculine birthday cards!! Masculine cards are the most difficult for me to create, you have done an excellent job!! I'm sure your dad and cousin will love these!

Jennifer E. said...

Great examples today! Love the CAS look and that these could be used for general occasion too!

Janett said...

Wonderful guy cards, I agree with Shelia guy cards are hard.

Samantha said...

These are both terrific cards, Karin! I love the shadow stamping technique and I've never thought to use that Father's Day greeting for anything other than Father's Day, so thanks for that too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are wonderful, Karin! Clean layouts are perfect for masculine cards and these are terrific.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP