Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Easter Pigs?

>> Friday, February 28, 2014

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff


Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well and maybe you've even had a little taste of spring lately. Eventually, Spring will come...unless we just skip right into Summer. It seems that has happened a time or two. Right now it seems we're in this back & forth stage...one day freezing, the next day pleasant and warmer, then freezing again. Doesn't it remind you of some office buildings or stores where the AC is stuck on the "meat locker" setting and you go next door and their Heater is stuck on "bake". I guess all you can do is wear your sweater, but take your coat, just in case.

Today, I'm sharing an Easter card. My Easter Bunny impostors are as you can see....PIGS. You know sometimes (ok, a lot of times) I get these crazy ideas and they won't go away until I create it. So here are my Easter Pigs. It could happen. Maybe. I started by stamping Leonard Billboard then masking him to stamp the fence and grass. The greeting (new! coming soon!) was split up to fit inside the billboard. Little Leonard and the eggs were stamped separately and fussy cut. I used bunny ears from a couple of different bunnies (slightly different sizes), stamped them, cut them out and added to the pigs. The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25 and these are the Copics I used. Yep. I used a lot of stamps and a lot of Copics on this one, lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: Leonard the Pig Billboard, Leonard Pig's Dance of Joy, Big Bunny Face, Jelly Bean Bunny, Somebunny Greeting (new! coming soon!), Egg w/ Bow (new! coming soon!), Easy Grass Bg, Add a Fence
paper: X-Press It
ink: Memento tuxedo black, bamboo leaves, olive grove
accessories: Copic markers, cloud dies (Memory Box), black Permapaque marker (for edges), white Permapaque marker (for dots on purple Easter egg)

6 comments:

Sue said...

You are indeed the Queen of Scenes! This is just too cute! Such a cute idea to start with, and your execution is spot on!

VanessaB said...

ha ha. I LOVE it!! :)

Janett said...

Very cute! I would never have thought of bunny ears on pigs. Funny

Shelia said...

Love the bunny ears on those pigs!! Super cute card, Julie!

Karin said...

So original and adorable! Love those brightly colored eggs and the dimension of the puffy clouds! The card just makes me smile :)

Jennifer E. said...

So creative! Love how you added the bunny ears to those piggies and how you incorporated so many different stamps!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP