Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Shell'don and Shell'y

>> Saturday, January 11, 2014


Happy Weekend!

These turtles are happily in love.  I bet they are going to have a wonderful upcoming Valentine's Day together, LOL.

To make this card, I stamped the DRS Designs image of "Shell'don the Turtle" onto X-Press It cardstock with Marvy black dye.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut with my detailed scissors.  Then I had the idea to reverse stamp "Shell'don the Turtle" to create another turtle facing in the opposite direction.  Perhaps let's name the turtle couple, Shell'don and Shell'y.

I placed the turtles onto a scene I created by sponging clouds with Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.  I used a die to cut the grass from green cardstock.  The hearts coming from one of the turtles are actually part of the DRS Designs image "First Love Cutie Pie Kids".  The speech bubble was cut from a die and the sentiment is from  DRS Designs "I Love You Greeting".  I framed the scene with black cardstock and mounted on a pink cardstock panel.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

Saturday smiles,
Kecia

6 comments:

Sue said...

This is soooo cute Kecia! I love how you faced him the other way and added the hearts and speech bubble!

Samantha said...

OMG, how cute is this? Young turtles in love get me every time! I just love how you've pieced this all together, Kecia. Great job!

Shelia said...

What a marvelous creation!! Love everything about it, Kecia!!

Karin said...

Oh my goodness, how totally cute! Love the reverse stamp technique you used to create this sweet card! Awesome sky too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable, Kecia! Your turtle couple are just the cutest ever!

Janett said...

Super cute! Great use of the reverse technique. Love it.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP