Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Gift Card Holder

>> Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy December 23rd!! Christmas is almost here. I hope you are not in a panic and can relax and enjoy the holiday. Today I want to share a gift card holder that I created for my mom. She loves poinsettias so I used the Poinsettia ribbon slide as a belly band to hold the card closed. I think she'll like it.


I started with a 2.5 x 7 inch piece of red CS and scored it at 2.5 and 5 inches. The front was stamped with the Splatter background in VersaMark ink. The plaid was created by stamping the open plaid in Real Red ink and Handsome Hunter Ink. I used a Sakura Silver Gelly Roll pen to add some silver lines to the plaid background. This was layered on some green CS. The poinsettia slide was stamped in Memento Black ink on white CS, colored with Copics, fussy cut and highlighted with a Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pen. Some sheer red ribbon was used for the belly band.

Here's a look at the inside.



The edge was punched with a MS snowflake border. I added a piece of white CS that was punched with the same border and stamped with the sentiment in Real Red ink. I added a couple of the red snowflakes punched from the border with white half pearls to finish the look.



I apologize for the color of these photos. I don't know why the red ends up looking so orange. It really is a very pretty shade of red!  I'm sure there's some way to remedy this, but I don't know what it is. :-(

Thanks for stopping by today and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Until next time,
shelia


4 comments:

anncreatief said...

Wouw een mooie kaart zeg, ik wens jou en je familie een hele fijne kerst!! en een supergezond 2014
Liefs Anneke

Janett said...

I love it, love the background and the flower.

Kecia said...

So clever! Merry Christmas, Shelia!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Shelia! Love the bright red w/ the plaid and sparkly poinsettia. Great idea as a gift card holder.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP