Blog Widget by LinkWithin

"Paws"itively Fantastic Birthday

>> Monday, October 14, 2013

Hi Everyone. Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I created for my niece. She loves dogs and sadly their family dog died several weeks ago, but they just got a couple of new puppies that they named Merida and Meeko. So I used our playful pups image and tried to color the two puppies to match Merida and Meeko. :-)


I started with the Old Olive layer, stamped the Pawsitively Birthday greeting in Memento Black ink, die cut the square window and then embossed it with a Sizzix paw folder. The image was stamped with Memento Black ink on white CS, colored with copics and attached to the dark brown panel. I used the same brown CS to make the scalloped square frame. Everything is attached to the white card base. A brown twine bow finishes the look. Hope you like it!

If you haven't checked out this week's challenge yet, you can see details here. We'd love to have you join in the fun. You could be the lucky winner of some great DRS Designs stamps!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Until next time,
shelia

6 comments:

Karin said...

What a perfect birthday card for a dog lover! Love those two cute pups and the embossed paw background :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a cute bday card, Shelia! Your niece will LOVE this! Such a cute little puppy scene.

Janett said...

Great card Shelia. Love the pups with the background

Sue said...

Cute card Shelia - I'm sure your niece will love it!

Jennifer E. said...

Great card! I'm sure your niece will love it! Those pups are adorable!

Kecia Waters said...

I adore this! Love the colors on this, and now I must have that Sizzix paw folder, LOL.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP