Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Belated Birthday

>> Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hi Everyone,
 
If you hand make a card, how can anyone be upset that you're late in remembering their birthday, right?  Especially if it's pink and has glitter :)
 
A simple embossed background lets this beautiful Fanfare Square shine as the main element on my card today.  I inked my stamp in Versamark and then in Versafine black ink, before embossing in rainbow embossing powder.  It's basically a clear powder with some glittery flecks in it, but when paired up with a dark ink, it has a marvelous sheen.  I die cut the square and added a bit of pink color with a Copic marker.  The Tiny Belated Birthday greeting was a perfect fit in the center and I added some dimension to the card by using pop dots to adhere some the layers of my focal element together.
 
 
For embellishment, I used just the flowers from the Three Flowers with Butterfly stamp by fussy cutting them and adding them in a little group.
 
Thanks for dropping by and remember to join us every Thursday for a challenge.  The theme this week is "Lucky Stripe".  Hope to see you there!
 
Karin


7 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, even late, the recipient will love this festive card!! Love all the pink and glitter!!

Samantha said...

Pink and black - I love it! Love your flower accents too. So cute!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Karin! Love the pink/black combo and the embossed bg looks fabulous.

Jennifer E. said...

Love the colors and how you used that fun sparkly square to frame your sentiment!

Kecia said...

Great belated birthday card. Sadly, those are the norm for me, LOL.

Janett said...

This is so pretty love the colors and the added flowers on the corner.

Sue said...

What a fantastic birthday card! I love all the layers in the square and those flowers girl it up just right :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP