Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Perfect Day

>> Friday, April 26, 2013

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your fine spring week has been going well. If your neighborhood is like mine, the sound of lawn mowers has been heard quite a bit this past week. With the spring temps and rain, it seems every man on the block has been revving up those Toros and Snappers and John Deeres. I'm sure it's fun and exciting now...but I can almost guarantee by mid summer, they'll be dreading it and a broken mower will seem like a good idea.

My card is pretty simple, just one layer. I started by stamping the fence w/ gray ink, masked the top and sponged in a few clouds and the sun. The lawn mower was stamped w/ black and the grass w/ several colors of green. Then I colored everything w/ Copics and added the sentiment and a little shading. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: Broken Mower Greeting, Brush Lawn Mower, Easy Grass Background, Add a Fence
paper: whtie
ink: Memento London Fog, Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Northern Pine, Cantaloupe, Summer Sky
accessories: Copic markers, black permapaque marker, white gel pen, bird punch

8 comments:

Karin said...

Julie, you are queen of the scene! I want to live in that summer day you created...I mean, this card even has casting shadows! Wow.
Karin

VicR said...

I Love this scene, and Excellent coloring with the shadows!!!

Shelia said...

Julie, your coloring skills are amazing!! Love this scene & those shadows!!! Can I come stay with you for a few days & you give me lessons?!!! Well it'd probably take more than a few days!! :-(

Jennifer E. said...

Wow! Love how you added the fence and shadows--looks so real like that sun is really shining!

Samantha said...

Outstanding card today, Julie! Are you sure this isn't a pic of your backyard??

Janett said...

Julie love the card those shadows are amazing. I wont to take lessons in coloring shadows.

Anonymous said...

Just a fabulous creation...especially with the depth of your coloring and the shadows. Awesome.

Sue said...

Holy Smokes!! Awesome coloring! And I can't say enough about your shadows or how wonderful your grass came out!! WOW, WOW, WOW!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP