Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Get Your Irish On Again!

>> Friday, March 8, 2013

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
It's getting closer to the time of  the wearin' o' the green! Not a problem for me...green (any shade) is my fave color and my Mom's side of the family is almost totally Irish. At least I didn't inherit her red hair and freckles, lol. We traced her side of the family back to County Meath, Ireland and found they came over in the 1600's to settle in Virginia. Their grandson, my Great (x 5) Grandfather fought in the American Revolution and turns out he's buried about 15 minutes away from me. 

Anyway, for my Irish pennant card, I stamped the Everything Irish and the shamrock twice, drew a little pennant shape around them, then colored the bg w/ a black sharpie and the images w/ Copics. After doodling some little lines around them, I cut them out. The background was stamped w/ the lt green ink using the Woven Plaid and I added a few more shamrocks in the ivy ink. I added a flag shaped sentiment and some twine. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a GREEN weekend and keep an eye out for that pot o' gold
Supplies:
paper: white, kelly green
ink: Memento tuxedo black, new sprout, cottage ivy
accessories: Copic markers, black Sharpie, twine, fishtail banner die


And now the Stamp-A-Versary Clue!!

Play our new game!!

Find the 4 current stamp designs that were featured in our
original stamp catalog way back in 1992 and win prizes!

Click here for all the details

Today's Clue




Mystery Stamp A

Clue #5:

Not in the cards, oh wait, yes it is!



The clues.....so far!

Mystery Stamp AMystery Stamp BMystery Stamp CMystery Stamp D
Play your cards right and you can win!No Checkers on this board.Varoom!Oh square of squares.
It is a big deal!No Saluting requiredNo exercise hereTime is of the essence
Some things just suit meNot the pitsBest friends with HarleyBeen around since the sundial
Ooohhh, RoyaltyOnly winners get to take me for a rideGo Hog wild!The Mayans loved me!
Not in the cards, oh wait, yes it is!Coming Soon!Coming Soon!Coming Soon!


6 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Love the pennants and your background is awesome!

Shelia said...

Love your pennants on this adorable St Paddy's day card!!

Karin said...

Such a fantastic card today! Love the twine and pennants, along with the super coloring on the image stamp!

Sue said...

I thought for sure you cut and layered those black pennants - your way is much easier!! I love the contrast too!

Very cool that you've done your family tree so far back and that you live so close!

Janett said...

Love it. Your background is so cool.

Samantha said...

This is a card that has it all, Julie! Terrific background, sensational layout and your trademark coloring. Great card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP