Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

You've Been on My Mind...

>> Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for popping in today to see what we've been making with the newest stamps that are available right here from DRS Designs.  These curtains on this Country Window stamp were calling out to me to be paper pieced.  However, since they were curtains, I thought I would try and piece them with material.  I stamped right on the the fabric, cut it out and glued it down.  And the tie backs were stamped on adhesive backed felt in a coordinating color.  I like how cheerful the card ended up being. 


I used the Polka Dot background stamp on the bottom layer and added the On My Mind sentiment for a thinking of you type of card.  Since the colors were decidedly feminine, I added a layered flower cut from some vellum for an embellishment with a soft look.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Karin

 

6 comments:

Janett said...

This is so cute,I love your curtains that was a very cute ideal. Beautiful card.

Jennifer E. said...

Never thought to stamp on fabric, thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Shelia said...

Love your curtains!! Beautiful card and great use of fabric.

Sue said...

Those curtains are TOO fun! I love the felt tiebacks too! The simplicity of the rest of the card is perfect!

Samantha said...

Love it, Karin! Your fabric curtains are the bomb!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Karin! Love the colors and real fabric curtains. Your flower in the corner is lovely.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP