Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Coupon For You

>> Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I have a fun little card to share with you today. It was made specifically to show off the new Star Coupon stamp from DRS Designs. Back in the day, I mean waaay back when I was a kid, I used to make coupon books for my mom all the time.  Having no money for Christmas and birthdays, and enjoying crafting even back then, I would give her the promise of chores around the house.  Like any awesome parent, she acted like it was the greatest gift ever, although I don't remember her actually redeeming any of them :)  So making this was a trip down memory lane.

I used the Interlocking Stars for my background and added a punched border that also had stars. I made a pocket for my coupon using my Spellbinders dies and a piece of vellum for the coupon to show through. I then hand stitched it together.


Here's a shot of the coupon pulled out, and you can see that I added a bit of ribbon too.


And just a closer look at the stars that I colored to match the background.


I would have loved this as a reward for good report card grades, or how about an anniversary gift for the husband?  So many uses and it's way more professional looking than those coupons from my 8 year old self :)

Thanks for visiting us at the blog and be sure to check out our Thursday challenges here on the blog!

Karin



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin, this is darling and you used such fun colors. I love the vellum so that the coupon shows through.

Shelia said...

Great use of vellum for the pocket to hold your cute coupon! Love the design and colors.

Janett said...

What a great ideal. It made a beautiful card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is terrific, Karin! Love the vellum pocket and star bg. What a super idea!

Stampsnob. said...

This is a beauty.......Lis

Jennifer E. said...

Love the vellum pocket! Neat way to add it to the card front!

Samantha said...

Ahhh, you had me at the vellum! Fantastic card today Karin! Love it!

Sue said...

What a wonderful project! I love how you can see the card thru the vellum! The sewing is such a great touch!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP