Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Monday!!

>> Monday, July 9, 2012

Trust everyone had a good weekend! My daughter and mom returned to Virginia yesterday. We had a great time together and got lots of wedding things accomplished. Yeah!!

Today I have two cards to share. The first one features DRS Designs just released Happy Shark (153G), Killer Birthday (175D) and tiny Bubbles (130A).


I started with a white card base, added several strips of dark and light teal that were punched with a Fiskars waves border punch and embossed with the Swirl CB folder. The sharks were stamped on white card stock, colored with copics, cut out and placed between the waves. After cutting the circle for the sentiment, I stamped the tiny Bubbles in Taken Teal. To make them light colored, I stamped on scratch paper first, then on the circle. The sentiment was stamped in Taken with Teal. I added a teal ribbon before attaching the sentiment. These happy sharks are so cute!!

For the month of July DRS Designs' weekly challenges will feature Christmas cards. This week the challenge is Christmas in general.  My card today uses DRS Designs Giant Poinsettia (093M) and Large Script Merry Christmas (286K). I enjoy making Christmas cards a lot, so I'm really excited about this months' challenges!


The card base is Bazzil green with a layer of white attached that's been embossed with the CB swirl folder. The Giant Poinsettia was stamped in Memento Black on white card stock three times. After coloring all three images with copics, two were cut out and layered on top of each other. I used yellow stickles for the center of the top layer. They are layered on the same green base. Merry Christmas is stamped in Memento Black on white card stock and cut with an oval nestie. I sponged Real Red around the oval while it was still in the nestie die, then layered it on a scallop oval cut from the green card stock.

I hope you'll join in the Christmas in July challenge this week. There's still time to play along. Entries must be in by Wednesday evening.

Until next time,
shelia


5 comments:

Karin said...

I love the waves that you created for your shark card...So clever! And the coloring on your poinsettia is beautiful!

Janett said...

I so love the waves. What a great ideal. Your Christmas card is beautiful.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are both terrific, Sheila! Love the wave action around the sharks and your big poinsettia is so beautifully colored.

Chrissy D said...

Those pointsettias are GORGEOUS!Love the background embossing too! The shark card is so cool with the waves and the swirl embossing. Great card!

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards! I love how you created the waves the sharks are playing in! The embossing on top of the wave edge is great!

What a fantastic Christmas card too! I can't wait to see the dimension on your poinsettia!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP