Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Butterfly Circle

>> Friday, March 9, 2012

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has been great! I think Spring has Sprung...at least around here. Tomorrow DRS Designs will have some beautiful new images released! This wonderful Butterfly & Branch is just one of them. This is also for the Card Patterns Sketch 155 which DRS Designs is sponsoring! Today's the last day so be sure to check it out. I know y'all are up for a challenge and prizes never hurt, so while you're looking, take a gander at the DRS Thursday Challenge.
This new image just seemed made to be an out of the box circle so that's the route I took. It's colored w/ markers and I added two cut out butterflies on top for a little extra something. Actually, the color scheme for this card came about because of the the dotty band running across the bottom. I made it months ago (around Christmas) intending to use it and never did. Saw it in my stash and went...hmmmm... It was made by white embossing the polka dot border on white c/s and then sponging on the ladybug red ink.
I used a scallop edge die to cut the bottom of the sentiment panel then attached my dotty bg and layered circle on top. A red die cut flourish vine and 3 little shimmery round "button" objects (the pkg name says "Candi" but I don't know what to call them). The finished card is 5.50 x 4.25.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!





Supplies:
stamps: (NEW!!) Leaf Butterfly Spray, Polka Dot Background, Thinking of You...
paper: white, red
ink: Ancient Page coal, Memories sky blue, Colorbox frost white pigment, Memento ladybug
accessories: white embossing powder, Spellbinders circle dies, Memory Box flourish vine die, Tombow markers, Quickutz scallop edge die

7 comments:

Shelia said...

Julie, this is so pretty with the die cut flourish. I really like the color scheme too.

Karin said...

I "heart" this card! It's so fresh looking with all the white and bright colors :) The stamp is beautiful and I love that the embossed polka dot panel finally found it's home on a card!

Janett said...

Beautiful card. That polka dot border is so cool.

Samantha said...

Love this striking card, Julie! The layout and colors are fantastic!

Sue said...

Super Sweet! I love your shades of blue and green and how they work with the red! And that polka dot layer is wonderful! Not to mention how the vine is the perfect finishing touch!

Anonymous said...

Your colors are so totally fabulous!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh Julie - I love the layout with that flourish. Gorgeous card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP