Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Daffodil Blessings

>> Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents Day!

Today I want to share another Easter card. I love daffodils and this new stamp from DRS Designs is so pretty with the butterfly flitting around the flowers!


I started by stamping the daffodil stamp (1073L) in Memento Black ink on white card stock and then coloring it with Copics. I hand cut the image out and layered it on some purple card stock. The card base is the same purple with a yellow panel. I stamped Easter Blessings (1029D) in Memento Black on the yellow panel before embossing it with a Cuttlebug folder. Before attaching the yellow panel, I added some white lace and a purple strip punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. A smaller yellow panel with DRS Designs Butterfly background (536H) stamped in VersaColor Lavender was added to this. And finally the daffodil image was layered on top.


Hope you like it.

Until next time,

shelia

7 comments:

Karin said...

I love the embossing on the base and the lace looks so dainty! Beautiful card :)

Samantha said...

Shelia, this card is gorgeous! I love the lacy borders and the focal image is just beautiful! Great job!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and punched borders. The lace is such an elegant addition.

Janett said...

Your card is beautiful

Anonymous said...

Really lovely in this color combo and I love the layout.

Chrissy D said...

Such a pretty spring color combo! Beautiful coloring too!

Sue said...

So pretty with the lace Sheila!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP