Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Irish Blessing

>> Friday, January 20, 2012

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I'm starting to feel a little green so...rather than turn into Kermit the frog, I thought I'd channel it into a St. Paddy's Day card. I love it when I get to work on St. Patrick's Day cards because any shade of green is my favorite color. I think I used 3 different shades of green and a little metallic gold on this one.

The wonderful Irish Blessing was stamped and I die cut two sizes of the badge/shield to make a double frame. Everything else is punch work. Different flowers, branches and four leaf clovers were punched and glued around the frame (I used a stylus and a foam pad to give the flowers a little shape). One little green crystal was added in the center of the gold flower on top. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50.

Thanks so much for stopping by!





Supplies:
stamps: Irish Blessing
ink: Archival library green
paper: kelly green, pine green, lime green, metallic gold, white
accessories: Xyron Creatopia badge/shield die, various punches (Marvy, Paper Studio, Family Treasures, McGill), green crystal

7 comments:

Shelia said...

Julie, Your Irish blessing card is fantastic with all those flowers and clovers surrounding the sentiment. I really like the blessing framed with the shield die too! Beautiful!

Karin said...

I love how the frame draws your eye to the lovely verse and the flower grouping is just amazing!

Sue said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe those flowers started off flat - amazing!

Janett said...

What a great card. The frame and the flowers all work so good together.

Anonymous said...

This is really gorgeous! I love the little green gem at the top with the flower. The double frame is very nice.

Chrissy D said...

This is SOOO lovely - I especially love the added branches and greens on your card!

Samantha said...

What a beautiful card! You did a terrific job with all those flowers. Gorgeous!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP