Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Christmas Memories

>> Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hi Everyone,

The big Christmas holiday is almost upon us...Are you ready? I never feel ready no matter how much I prepare. I don't know about you, but I always feel like there are a million things to do at the last minute :)

Anyway, I thought I would slow things down with a nod to the past with the darling nostalgic image in the Christmas Stocking Scene stamp on today's card share. I colored it with Copics, adding some Stickles to the cuff before fussy cutting it out.

The background was stamped in Versamark using the Large Open Plaid stamp on a diagonal and I chose the Lingering Christmas greeting to pair with the I Scene a Stocking. I cut it out using a circle Nestie and added a bit of chalk sponging to soften the stark white of the paper. Each of these were then attached with some pop dots for some dimension.


I added it to my card base that was die cut along one edge and finished it with some twine and gems.

Thanks for visiting us today during this busy week and if you get a moment to ink up your DRS Designs stamps, why not play along in our current Red, White and Green challenge right here!

4 comments:

Shelia said...

gorgeous coloring on that stocking image!! I love the way you colored the flooring! You have such great details that really make this one beautiful creation! I think you're right about this image helping us slow down a bit. I think it's a very peaceful and restful scene with that little puppy sleeping in front of the fire! :-) Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Super beautiful. Your coloring of the stocking is perfection and I love the way you did the sentiment with the sponging..........awesomeness.

Janett said...

Beautiful card. The coloring on the stocking is amazing. That red wall rocks.:)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Karen! Love the striped bg and your coloring on the stocking is fabulous. Very cute layout!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP