Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Give Thanks Bouquet

>> Friday, October 7, 2011

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
Fall is here! Aren't you loving the cooler temps? Can't wait for the leaves to start turning. But I guess the leaf blowing and sweeping the deck every day will soon follow, lol. Our back yard is covered w/ all different varieties of trees and of course, the leaves never fall at the same time.

Since I've shared a bunch of Halloween cards lately, today I thought I'd move to Thanksgiving. It'll be here before you know it. After coloring this wonderful Harvest Bouquet, I used an oval die to cut it using the out of the box technique. I added a few layers, some die cut, some embossed and a little border punched strip at the bottom. The sentiment is also die cut and tucked under the edge of the main image with a button on the right to balance things out.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great fall weekend!






Supplies:
stamps: Harvest Bouquet, Thanks Unto the Lord
paper: ivory, vanilla, bordeaux
ink: VersaFine onyx, Ancient Page bordeaux
accessories: Tombow markers, water brush, Spellbinders oval & labels 20 dies, Quickutz oval die (sentiment), Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder, EK Success argyle border punch & pinking shears, button & twine

7 comments:

Karin said...

Just stunning Julie! I love the color you chose for the card base and your coloring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! There is such richness and depth in your bouquet. Fabulous coloring.

Jennifer E. said...

Love the way you've colored this bouquet! Nice layout too!

Janett said...

I love this. Thanks so much for sharing.

Samantha said...

Beautiful card today, Julie. I love the cream base paired with the burgundy. Your coloring is awesome!

Sue said...

BEAUTIFUL! And so timely!! Now that I have mu "bug" I was going to ask how you did the "out of the box" - and here it is. You're so good girl!! Guess what I'll be doing soon ;)

Chrissy D said...

Julie, this is sooo pretty! Love the flecks of gold in the flowers.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP