Blog Widget by LinkWithin

First Day Back

>> Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm reminding you to play along with the Card Patterns sketch challenge this week.  DRS Designs is the sponsor, which means one randomly selected participant will receive a $20.00 voucher to the DRS Designs store.  Will it be you?  Maybe, but you have to link up your card at the Card Patterns Blog for your chance
 at the prize!

Here is the sketch:

Here is my card for the sketch:
I stamped Plant Shelf (097) with black ink and then colored it in with copics. I stamped the branch background on craft cardstock.


Today is my first official day back to work at school. Students arrive next Tuesday.
It has been a fabulous summer in spite of an earthquake and then a hurricane.
I thought it very fitting to use this stamp from a recently released collections from DRS Designs.
I stamped Teacher Tools (792G) with black ink and then colored the focal image with copics.
I cut out the image with a square nestie and layered it with the lacey square nestie.
The background was created using the amazing woven plaid stamp (613P). That is so much fun to use!
I used red ink vertically and then blue ink horizontally.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!
And check out the fabulous stamps from DRS Designs!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Karin said...

I love the cards today! Your coloring on the plants and teacher tools is wonderful :) Happy back to school!

Samantha said...

Those plants look so real! Awesome cards Joni. I love how you used the tree for your background!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work, Joni. Your plant shelf looks lovely with the kraft and your embellies are perfect. Love the plaid with the teachers tools.

Sue said...

Joni, these are TOTALLY awesome!! That tree does look like a branch (not that I ever noticed it ;) and your black butterfly is the perfect touch! The teacher card is wonderful in it's simplicity - great plaid!!

Jennifer E. said...

Great cards Joni! Nice job with the sketch! Love the plaid too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific, Joni! Love your plant shelf and such a wonderful layout. Your school card is just fabulous. Love the plaid bg!

Chrissy D said...

Lovely cards - I love that school image and your coloring is wonderful! Your design with the layout is beautiful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP