Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Getting a jump on St. Pats Day!

>> Sunday, February 6, 2011



Welcome!


I had a slow start using our New St. Patrick's Day and Easter Stamps, but once I got going I really "got my groove on"! So far this card is my favorite! - probably :)


I started my card by stamping our new Celtic Knot on a 2 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of black cs. I had 2 things to worry about to make my line of images. They all had to be even across the top and overlap side by side the same amount. To make them even across the top I used the edge of my acrylic mount to line up with the top of my paper, then all I had to worry about was the side by side. Even that wasn't too bad since I could see through the acrylic! I stamped the center image first then worked out from either side using versamark ink and then used gold embossing powder.
The rest was simple! I stamped and embossed our New Happy St. Patrick's Greeting using the same ink and ep, cut out the top of the design and then adhered the black cut out to a folded green card leaving about 1/8" of green showing at the bottom!

I was having soooo much fun I decided to make another one, only this time I wanted to jazz it up a little, so I choose one "knot" and colored it using a versamark pen and covered that with some green embossing tinsel. Now I'm not sure which one is my favorite favorite!



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

jonim52 said...

This is fabulous. I love what your did with the celtic knot! Great inspiration.

Karin said...

Love the embossing! And I'm a huge fan of anything glittery so I love the second one too :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like them both as well. I could never stamp them so perfectly as you did!

Samantha said...

So classy! Very impressive stamping - what a steady hand!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are terrific, Sue! But for me, the more green, the better, lol. Love the embossing and CAS layout.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP