Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Heavy Metal

>> Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome!

Do you like FREE STUFF??? Do you like to STAMP??? Well, when you put those 2 things together you get a great blog like Tuesday Morning Sketches! To make it even better DRS Designs is sponsoring them this week! Pop on over and read up on all the rules and regs and then...get stamping! You only have until 8pm this evening and you could be the winner!

The theme for the week is "Heavy Metal" and I played along with this clean and simple card~


I stamped our Vertical Get Well using brown ink and layered it on the Ivory textured paper. To make the medallion was a bit of a struggle at first. The tabs on the leaf are not in the center and I was having problems with centering it, till I punched a small hold in a small square of paper, put it into my punch (upside down) then put the leaf in place and centered and punched it. There is a light background on the circle that I made using Vicki's Versatile Background and Taupe ink that I stamped off twice on scrap paper.

The metal leaf is from a box of paper fasteners I saw several years ago while out of town. Being the leaf fanatic that I am I grabbed a box, and found out later that they were "on sale". Well, didn't I have to go back the next day and buy more. The funny part??? This is the first one I've used!

Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Great card and I love the clean look...Wonderful card for a guy too! I bought leaf brads as well (because they were soo cute, and I had to have them because they were soo cute ;) ) and it took me a whole year to use just one...lol. Still, they are really cute!

Anonymous said...

Sue, I love the simplicity and clean look of this and your metal leaf is beautiful.

Jennifer E. said...

Sometimes the best cards are the simplest ones--Great job Sue! I love the delicate deatil created by Vicki's Versatile Background.

acornsales said...

Simple yet expressive........ i like it........

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful CAS design, Sue! Love your little leaf finding.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP