Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Heavy Metal I love you!

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Saturday to everyone in cyberland!  I made this card earlier in the week.  Unfortunately, life has been a wee bit crazy and I've not been able to spend the time I'd like on crafting.  We just put my MIL in an assisted living home and she's none too happy about it.  She is SAFE now.
Onto the creation!  DRS Designs is sponsoring the Tuesday Morning sketch-Jan.
18th, which is to use heavy metal on your creation.  I chose the great new release I love you! greeting from DRS and also used the fly away heart and flowers. I stamped the hearts and flowers in versamark and embossed with black powder.  I added crystal effects to the hearts and put chunky red glitter over top.  For the metal tag, I used a vanilla piece of metal and inked it up with red craft ink and clear embossed it.  A bit of lace and the card is finished.

7 comments:

Karin said...

Love the lace as another embellishment along with the metal...Great texture! So sorry you had a difficult week, take comfort that you handled the situation well and did the right thing. Glad she is safe. Have a good weekend.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card and stamps. So sorry you had to make that decision. It is such a tough decision to make. Just know that you did the right thing, her safety is most important. ~Diane

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How sweet, Pam! Love the hearts/flowers on the diagonal and the lace is just perfect.

Chrissy D said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Love the SPARKLE!

Sue said...

I love the classic Valentine colors! I don't know what pops more the sparkle or the lace!

Jackie Randolph said...

A lovely card, with the lace and metal!! Really like how you changed the color on the metal tag!! Need to remember this, great idea.

Thanks for sharing with us at TMS!!

Know that your tough decision was the best for your MIL.

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful card Pam! Love those hearts! Glad to hear all worked out well for your MIL.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP