Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Scarecrows and Pumpkins

>> Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited about my card today...I just love this adorable Large Scarecrow stamp that's just one of the newly released stamps from DRS Designs this month.

I colored him with my Copic markers and paired him up with the festive Scarecrow and Corn Rows sentiment. Then, I cut out both stamped pieces using one of my favorite tools, Nestablities, and color coordinated my chalk sponging with the image.
Since this sentiment mentions "Pumpkins on the vine..." I had to use my embossing folder that actually has...Pumpkins on the vine! I wrapped my twine to simulate a fence, and buttons always seems to make the perfect rustic embellishment.

Have you had the chance to play along with the sketch challenge at the Stamp Something blog? DRS Designs is the sponsor and the prize is a $20.00 voucher to the store!

Thanks and have a great day!

8 comments:

jonim52 said...

Karin,
Your card is adorable. I love the large scarecrow too!

Samantha said...

Cute card! I love the blues you chose for the scarecrow. He's adorable!

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome card! I love how you were able to fit the image and the sentiment on the card front. THe twine is a great embelly too!

Anonymous said...

Karin, this is so sweet. I am a big fan of buttons and like to add twine, too. LOVE the twine fence and the embossed background.

1CardCreator said...

Cute! I love those buttons. ~Diane

Sue said...

Wonderful Card!! I love the blue scarecrow!

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love the texture & twine!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So cute, Karin! Love the buttons and embossed pumpkins. I always forget about that folder.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP