Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Ornament Tile

>> Monday, November 29, 2010

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Monday!

I'm sharing a new Christmas sentiment along with a couple of must have images. These images will really make your holiday cards special. I also have a technique you might want to try, so this is also for the TLC301 challenge at Splitcoast. The technique is called Faux Tile and this is a take off on the technique. On the background, I used a scoring board to score the diagonal grid. I flipped it over so that the lines were indented then stamped the pine bough all over. The indented grid kept the image from stamping in these grooves.

Just for fun, I used a VersaMark pen inside all the lines then embossed with an evergreen embossing powder.

On a smaller piece of white, I stamped the ornaments and new sentiment. Don't you love the fancy script font? So elegant. I colored in the ornaments and boughs with markers, then went over the ornaments with a clear glitter gel pen. I used a water brush to spread the glitter out and I really like the sparkly effect. The strings were colored with a silver gel pen. I added a few punched red circles on the bottom of the grid bg. The finished card measures 4.25 x 5.50.

Thanks so much for stopping by!






Supplies:
stamps: Joys of Christmas Greeting, Ornaments Galore, Pine Bough
paper: white, red, evergreen
ink: pine green permanent
accessories: markers, water brush, clear glitter gel pen, silver gel pen, rectangular die, 1/8 & 1/4 inch hole punches, scoring board, evergreen embossing powder, VersaMark pen

5 comments:

Tanya said...

So pretty! I always love being able to stamp your own background paper.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, I love that stamp! ~Diane

Karin said...

This is a great technique and the colors are beautiful! Love it :)

Samantha said...

Super card! Love the background technique!

Sue said...

Very Cool Technique! I hope it's as easy as it sounds!! Great Card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP