Blog Widget by LinkWithin

S'Mores Anyone??

>> Monday, November 1, 2010

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff
I hope y'all had a Happy Halloween! And I hope you saved some room for a few S'mores!

I started out to do the Card Patterns Sketch Challenge #88 which DRS Designs just happens to be sponsoring, but somehow it went off track. So the sketch is a little morphed on my card.


Anyway, I stamped the big Smiling S'more on ivory card stock w/lt brown ink, painted the marshmallow w/ bleach and used markers on the rest. The greeting was overstamped in chocolate ink (sounds yummy!) and I stamped the icicles at the bottom to resemble the flames of of a campfire. I added some firey swirls w/ a gel pen. After die cutting, I sponged a little sand ink around the edges.

The marshmallow border was stamped once on kraft and again on ivory. I used bleach on the ivory ones and a white gel pen on the eyes of the kraft marshmallows then pieced them together. The smashed s'more was also pieced together from the two colors. I used a die to cut the bottom of the 5.5 x 4.25 ivory card. The kraft layer has the bottom corners rounded and I pierced holes all around and used a white gel pen for faux stitching.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check back as we start to show you the new releases. You'll love them!






Supplies:
stamps: Smiling S'More, S'More Greeting, Marty Marshmallow & Friends, Smashed S'More, Silhouette Icicles
paper: ivory, kraft
ink: lt brown, chocolate, red/orange rainbow pad
accessories: white gel pen, bleach, small acrylic paint brush, shaped dies, paper piercing tool

7 comments:

jonim52 said...

Julie, What a clever card! I just love your layout!

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is sooo darn cute!! I love it!! Great use of the marshmallows and I love the fire you've created!! :)

Samantha said...

I love this one Julie. So cool (or is that hot?) how you did the flames and over stamped the greeting. Great card!

Sue said...

WOW! Great Card Julie - I love the flames! Who knew icicles could be so hot!

1CardCreator said...

Love this, the smores set is adorable and I love the bleach background too! ~Diane

Karin said...

Way cute!!! Love those firey flames :)

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome as always! I love the flames!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP