Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Tall & Short of Cards!

>> Tuesday, January 19, 2010

by Debbie Seyer - A Peek Into My Stamping Room

What size card do you usually make? The A-2 size - 5 1/4 x 4 1/2" or maybe a square card - 5 1/4 x 5 1/4"? How about a tall card? One that will fit into a business sized envelope - 9" x 4". Or maybe a card that's the shape of your favorite die template? Here are a couple of cards I made that are non-traditional sized cards!



This is a tall card measuring 4" x 9". Just cut a piece of cardstock to 8" x 9" and fold in half. Fits in a business envelope pretty good! For this card, I stamped the Interlocking Hearts Background(H808) in Versamark. This makes a lovely, subtle background. Then I stamped the new release Valentine Flower Heart (M186) in black ink. I colored the image using my Copic markers and added some sparkle using some Crystal Stickles. I carefully cut the image out and mounted it onto a Renaissance Hearts Pendant. I added some ribbon to the card and its all done! Plenty of room inside to write just what your feeling for your Valentine!



Here is a much smaller card. Using a Labels 1 Nestabilities(tm) as the base of my card, I stamped the Valentine Flower Heart (M186) and used Crystal Stickles to color in the flowers and a marker for the leaves. This was such a fast and easy card!

Don't be afraid to try different sized cards! Using different sizes can really "spice up" your cardmaking! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Very Pretty! Why don't I ever think to do a 9 x 4???

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so pretty, Debbie! Love the soft colors and layouts.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP