Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tags for Christmas!

>> Thursday, December 3, 2009

By Debbie Seyer - A Peek Into My Stamping Room

Hello! Hope everyone is having a great start to December. Can you believe how fast times flies by? Well, its kinda got me hurrying around that's for sure! One thing I like to give as gifts at Christmastime is food. Bread, cookies, candies - you name it, my girls and I make it! We love to cook together at Christmas and I think it makes special memories!

Now you may have noticed a certain guy doing the 12 Tags of Christmas. Well, I am not a grunge type of girl but the inspiration alone is almost priceless!! Here is what I came up with from the first 2 days of 12 Tags of Christmas.


For my first tag, I cut a Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities (tm) our of Kraft cardstock. Using some Fire Brick Distress Ink, I stamped the Snowflake Scroll (F875) all over. I also stamped the Filigree Snowflake using a lighter distress ink but its kinda hard to see. After stamping and sponging around the edges, I used the Cracked Glass Technique on the whole tag. Now I made a real mess - so don't do what I did. It took at least 4 layers of UTEE to get the look I was wanting.

For the Large Filigree Snowflake & Merry Christmas Arc stamps, I inked up the stamp with Versamark and then with Fire Brick ink pad and then stamped. I added some Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set. After carefully cutting, I attached these to my tag using glue dots. I added the lace, brad and ribbon later.

Here is a close up!





For my next tag, I used the same Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities. Only I started with some Heavy White cardstock. I stamped the Snowflake Address Label stamp frame using Versamark ink and used some clear embossing powder. I did this twice. Once for the tag and then embossed the same image onto a piece of white cardstock. I cut out just the frame part and added the sentiment using Santa Handmade for You stamp. After that was cool, I used a sponge and some dye inks all over the tag and my extra frame.

I dipped the edges of my tag into versamark and heat embossed using Iridescent Ice embossing powder. The bottom layer of the tag is the larger Rectangle in the Nestabilities (tm) set and I stamped the Snowflake Background stamp and white embossing powder. I inked up the bottom layer using a sponge and Soft Sky ink pad.

I used the Medium Filigree Snowflake that I embossed using white embossing powder 2 times and cut them out to make the detail. Instead of a brad, I ran some blue craft foil thru my Wizard (tm) and cut some small snowflakes. I attached them to the corner of my tag and punched a hole in the middle using my Crop-a-dile. I added some ribbon. Now I will have to get busy and make some goodies so I can use my tags!!


I hope these tags have inspired you to make some gifts from your heart this Christmas. It will save you some money but what you will get back will be priceless!! Have a great day!!



9 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful tags Debbie! I love the blue one!

Sue said...

Hey!!! "Cool" Tags - I love the blues!

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful tags and color combos.

Cathy Rulli said...

Great projects!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Saw your wonderful tags on SCS! These are both just terrific, Debbie!

Samantha said...

These tags are terrific! Love 'em both!

Jessica G. said...

The white embossed snowflakes are stunning against the blue background and how fun to use the cracked glass technique on a tag!

Marisa said...

Great job with the cracked glass technique. This tags are magnificent.

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are beautiful, Debbie! LOVE the antique-y look of the first one, and I love the color on the second!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP