Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Summer Fund

>> Sunday, August 9, 2009

posted by: Cathy/Crafty Thoughts...

We still have a few weeks of summer left and whether you have already taken your vacation or are still planning one, it's never too late to start a summer vacation fund! I had an old salsa jar rolling around in my altered items bin and I thought this would be a perfect project for my recycled jar!!

A Fun in the Sun (D1072)jar...



Here is a shot of the top...




I used the new conch shell (F1107)release...I stamped the shell several times on shimmer cardstock with white craft ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then rubbed some brown ink over the shell to give it a "shell" look! The shells were attached with pop dots. I love this sea grass (L128) image by DRS and although you can't see it in the photo, I used the new sand, snow, water lines image (D1114) for the water. Some twine, shells and my tag completed the look. Oh, and some spare change that will hopefully someday, add up to enough to buy an ice cream on vacation!! LOL

Thanks for checking in...tomorrow the DT has another challenge for you...this was a fun one!!!

See you soon...

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Wow! What a terrific project to capture a bit of summer and summer memories!!

Anonymous said...

This is really cool Cathy!! I love that jar!! Love those sea shells on it!! :)

Heather said...

Cathy, this is a super cute idea! The new blog layout looks fabulous!

Sue said...

Great job on the shells - TFS

Samantha said...

Great idea Cathy! Not that I'd ever fill it, but it's cute!

Jennifer E. said...

Such a neat idea! Love how you decorated the jar top!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP