Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Back To The Jungle!

>> Friday, June 26, 2009

Posted By Jennifer
There's something I just love about the Dustin Pike images from DRS Designs! Maybe it's because they are so cute & fun to color, and just like a little kid, I LOVE to color! Lately, my favorite technique is masking and I've been having fun creating "scenes" and filling in all of the empty space around my stamped image. The Dustin Pike images are great for that too!



I recently made this card with many of my favorites--coloring, masking, and can't forget ribbon!


See that cute little guy in the left corner? I felt I needed something there to fill in the empty space, so I created a tag using the monkey you see in the main image. I cut him out just so with my Nesties and matted him as shown. That little tag was just what this card needed to make it complete!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Jimbo and the Gang (p891)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, SU! Ballet Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts, Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio, Ribbon by Pebbles Inc., Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.75"



Thanks for visiting today! Hope you have a great weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Dawn said...

what a fun and bright card! I love the colors you chose and Dustin Pike's images always bring a smile to my face! Great job...

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful coloring! These really are perfect images to try out coloring techniques and they make you smile while you work!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, this is really darling!! I love the yummy ribbons everywhere and the layout is awesome!! What a creative way to use all these stamps!! :)

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cute!!!

Debbie Seyer said...

Great job! So cute!

Sue said...

Great Card Jennifer! All I can say is Cute, Cute, Cute!!

Deb said...

SO cute! I love your soft coloring and the great scene you created! Isn't it amazing how adding some tiny little element will totally transform a card?!

Heather said...

This is SOOOO cute! I love how you highlighted the little monkey in the corner. Great card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP