Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

It's That Time of Year...

>> Sunday, May 17, 2009

posted by Cathy/Crafty Thoughts...

Time for finishing up the school year and activities...all kinds of celebrations. Can you believe the school year is almost over? Seems like it just began! I can't believe that I will soon have an 8th grader and a 5th grader!!! Yikes!! How did that happen?! LOL

In keeping with this special time of year, I thought I would share some inspiration with a graduation card.

Images by DRS Designs...



The Class of 2009 image (F739) and the sentiment (E729)are new releases by DRS Designs...I think the 2009 image is very classy looking. You can use it on cards or in your scrapbooks! DRS has a nice selection of graduation images, be sure to check them out. It is hard to see, but I used the graduation background (H984) on the navy and yellow (our HS colors) panels. Both panels were stamped in versamark ink.

Somewhere in my studio there is a baggie full of tassels...somehow, I could not find it!!! So, I had to make my own. I took some pearl cotton floss and wrapped it around a scrap of cardstock. I then cut on one of the folds and tied the grouping together. Then I ran more floss through the top of my tassel portion, in the length that I wanted, and knotted it. I adhered it to the card for the finishing touch!

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to stop back later tonight to find out the winner of our current blog candy challenge - show us your favorite technique. You still have time to enter. Join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!!

See you soon...

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Perfect graduation card -- bold and elegant! Your tassle is awesome; I'll have to try making one with embroidery floss.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!! Actually these are the colors of my boy's school!! You did a great job of making the tassel!! :) Thanks for sharing that!

Jennifer E. said...

I love this card! Can't wait to see the new stamps! Great job creating your own tassle too--I would have never known you made it!

Sue said...

Great Job Cathy! Thanks for going the extra mile and making your own tassel!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP