Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Country Western Kind of Day!

>> Friday, May 29, 2009

Posted by Jennifer


Earlier this week I was inspired by 2 of my fellow DT members, Sue and Dawn. Sue, urged us to get out our brayers and Dawn, gave some excellent tips on how to make the best impression when using silhouette stamps. Make sure to check out both of those posts if you missed them. I'm sure you will find them as informative as I did. Today I'm sharing the Cowboy card I made recently using the techniques & tips they mentioned.






I started first by heat embossing the DRS Designs Cowboy Silhouette image with black embossing powder on white glossy cardstock. Then I masked off a 1" circle punch, punched from a Post-It, and brayered the background in blues to create a night sky. I started with lighter shades of blues on top and gradually added darker blue inks as I went toward the bottom. Next, I removed the Post-It Note circle mask and sponged in the moon area with yellow inks. I also sponged a little bit of the sky with yellow too, making it look like the moon was shining down on the cowboys.



I embellished this image rather simply with a little matting, square gold brads and some twine I had laying around in my ribbon box.


Stamps: DRS Designs-Cowboy Silhouette (M316)Ink: Versamark, SU! Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Summer Sun, More Mustard
Paper: Glossy white cardstock, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Heat Gun, Creative Beginnings Black Embossing Powder, Marvy Uchidau 1" Circle Punch, Post-Its, Nesties, twine unknown from my stash, square brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Sponge Daubers, Brayer
Finished Card Size: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"



Imagine the scenes you can create with all of the different silhouette stamps that DRS Designs has in stock! They offer so much more than the Cowboy stamp that I've featured here today. You can find all of their silhouette stamps here. I'm sure you'll find something that will jump start your creative juices! Which one is your favorite?
I hope this post and the ones done by Sue and Dawn have inspired you to get out your brayers and silhouette stamps just as I have!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Friday to you all!

Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is so pretty!! I just love the beautiful sky you've created for the cowboys!! :)

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cool!!! Great job with both the brayer and the solid image!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful! The brayered background is awesome, your images are stamped perfectly, and the twine is such an appropriate embellishment!

dawnmercedes said...

love the sky bg!

Deb said...

What a beautiful glow your nighttime sky has! This is gorgeous!

Sue said...

Beautiful Card Jennifer!! Love the background! A card doesn't get any better than this!

Diana said...

This is totally awesome! Straight to the CASE file this goes.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP