Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Simply Krafty Sympathy

>> Sunday, March 1, 2009

posted by Cathy I...

Hi Everyone...hope your weekend is going well. My post today is going to focus on easy sympathy cards. Admit it, they are cards we all need at some point, but just can't bring ourselves to make any ahead of time. So, with that in mind, I came up with some simple, quick ideas that also don't involve alot of supplies.

As you can see all the cards have one main thing in common....yes, kraft paper! For some reason, I always gravitate toward kraft paper when making a sympathy card...maybe its soothing? Who knows...anyway...here are my cards...I hope the inspire you to add to your stash...

Images by DRS Designs...

I just love this focal image...it makes these cards so much easier when you can just use this one focal image and it just says what you need it to say...



and the inside...I was feeling inspired and thought this sentiment was perfect for the inside...I also inked just a portion of the focal image and stamped that on the inside as well...




Another simple one...this one I left blank on the inside as the focal sentiment pretty much says it all. I used only two images on this card - the silhouette branch which I used for the focal image and the background.




for this next one, I know the heart drops image is not considered a sympathy image, but I just felt it went so well with the sentiment...I added some machine stitching to this one which made it a little more involved but if you didn't want to machine stitch, you could always faux stitch with a needle and marker.



And, last but not least, another more involved card but still simple in its presentation. A seed packet holder to send to those who have extended their sympathy wishes. It is the regular A4 card size (non-opening) with a pocket in front to hold the seed packet. I stamped the delicate flower background on the panel behind the seeds and on the corners of the sentiment panel.



and an open view...




Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check back often throughout this week and the rest of March. We have some guest designers to introduce you to AND a whole bunch of new releases that you will not want to miss out on!!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Colors really pop against the kraft background, especially the white. What a wonderful idea to send a packet of forget-me-nots in a sympathy card -- beautiful presentation, too!

Judy Rozema said...

How beautiful these all are! I love the kraft cs and the flowers enclosed~

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous examples Cathy!! I love the seed packet creation...very clever!! TFS! :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP